Enthusiasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To whom it may interest: Went to London, met Daniel Miller!

3 posters

Go down

To whom it may interest: Went to London, met Daniel Miller! Empty To whom it may interest: Went to London, met Daniel Miller!

Post  Arnkatla Fri 30 Apr 2010, 15:32

.... Daniel who?

I know there are a few DM-fans in this guild, hence I wanted to post this, just because I need to brag about this and not a lot of people realise how huge this is for me, and why. Last weekend I went to London to meet up with fellow DM-fanatic Julie from Canada, and we went to see Alan Wilder and his Recoil-show. It mostly turned out to be one hugeh Depeche Mode fan-convention, and to me it felt like a reunion from Tour of the Universe, a loooot of familiar faces there that I saw while in London/Denmark/Germany. Anyway, after the gig I was on my way out and suddenly I spot Daniel! The bloke I had with me had no clue who it was, and it took him a while to understand what I was even on about, mainly because I was squeeing like a 13 year old girl seeing the Jonas Brothers. Eventually I calmed down enough to tell him that this was Daniel Miller, founder and boss of Mute, the guy who signed Depeche back in 1980, who made them famous and has made a lot of their records with them, and that Mute is an awesome record company with artists like Nick Cave, Nitzer Ebb, Depeche etc. If Jonathan Kessler (DM's manager) is called the Baron, this is like meeting the King. The Godfather. Poor Daniel was trying to make his way through a room full of DM-fans to go backstage, so I didn't talk to him much, I just asked if I could bother him to take a photo with me, and that it was very cool to meet him. Believe me, I was not as calm as I look on the photo, I was the exact opposite!
To whom it may interest: Went to London, met Daniel Miller! 4557932958_ddc97843c0_b

Adding a link to my Flickr-page, I've uploaded all the photos I took of the Depeche Mode-concerts (I went to 8 this tour), and the trips themselves, including any pre and after-parties Smile The ones from Horsens Denmark, London on the 20th of Feb and Düsseldorf Feb 27th are pretty decent ones
Link to my Flickr page

Arnkatla

http://masterandservant.tumblr.com, http://www.flickr.com/photos

Back to top Go down

To whom it may interest: Went to London, met Daniel Miller! Empty Re: To whom it may interest: Went to London, met Daniel Miller!

Post  Sherise Fri 30 Apr 2010, 20:35

Awesome. Just awesome!
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

To whom it may interest: Went to London, met Daniel Miller! Empty Re: To whom it may interest: Went to London, met Daniel Miller!

Post  Alquiel Sat 01 May 2010, 03:35

Oh wow, great photo, and what an experience! I already had a look at some of the DM photos, and was really impressed - and envious!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

http://nowiamtree.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum