Welcome aboard Smile

Rhizz
Rhizzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Come say hello.

Post  Alquiel on Sun 23 May 2010, 08:21

Hey there Naprea!

I remember visiting Sherwood Forest many years ago when I was staying with some cousins - it was the day that Michael Praed's Robin was killed off in the TV series. We cried our eyes out over that episode! (That might give you some idea of my age now, I also have to work on the "I might kill you afterwards principle!) Colt and I also know Nottingham a little as one of our friends used to live there, and we'd sometimes pop up to visit Rock City.

Anyway, it's great to have you on board, and once again welcome!

Alq
Alquiel
Officer

View user profile http://nowiamtree.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

It's me...

Post  Guest on Tue 25 May 2010, 15:06

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be moving over a couple of characters from Azuremyst in the near future to join the guild. Until then, I thought I'd post an introduction in here. It's probably a little incoherent, because I'm trying to write it while waiting for a random dungeon group, working on my Ogri'la rep and fending off a 10lb, 10 month old, ball of grey and white fluff who wants to sit on my keyboard and get pettin's. Smile

My Main

The other toon I'll be bringing over is a level 65 DK that I use as a bank alt - she's got 450 Enchanting and 358 Inscription.

Despite both toons being female, I'm actually male IRL - I've always played female characters in RPGs. No idea why. Smile

I'm based in Lincoln, with my wife and our three cats. I'm a network admin by trade, which means that my availability is somewhat erratic due to the need to do stuff outside working hours. That's a large part of why a guild with a more casual focus appeals to me.

Well, that's enough waffle for now - no doubt I'll be chatting more later. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dywen on Wed 26 May 2010, 04:12

Hey Casirati, would that be lincolnshire's lincoln out of curiosity?
Dywen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhizzo on Wed 26 May 2010, 04:21

:waves:

Rhizz
Rhizzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 26 May 2010, 05:21

Dywen wrote:Hey Casirati, would that be lincolnshire's lincoln out of curiosity?

Oddly enough, yes. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 26 May 2010, 05:24

Rhizzo wrote::waves:

/me waves back. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dywen on Wed 26 May 2010, 10:09

Oh right i dont live to far from there and my brother goes to uni in lincoln, anyway *waves*!
Dywen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 26 May 2010, 10:41

Dywen wrote:Oh right i dont live to far from there and my brother goes to uni in lincoln, anyway *waves*!

Cool! Small world isn't it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derfil on Thu 27 May 2010, 14:25

Evenin' folks.

Some of you may have know me as Fafnir on the LOTRO Laurelin Server.

I'll be giving WoW a go for a month, I'm sure there will be a short, stumpy bloke with lots of armour appearing soon, although I'll probably give a few characters a go before deciding which ones I like.

Derfel is my D&D dwarf, even though he's 6 foot tall and human, he has the adoption papers to prove he's a dwarf. He may not survive the next encounter after repeated taunting of the DM and calling his monsters 3 round wonders. His name will live on in WoW for a bit - hopefully it's not a taken name

For those that don't know me, I'm from the UK, I've played Guild Wars and Lotro quite a bit. I enjoyed the team work in those games but work and RL limited my time, also many of the people I enjoyed gamng with came to WoW so there mut be something good about it.

Due to cut backs at work, I may just be limited to 30 days for now - fingers crossed. Will give someone a shout when I sort the install and I'm betting there's a huge update to download too.
Derfil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel on Thu 27 May 2010, 14:31

Woohoo! Glad you made it here! Will be fantastic to have you on board - and fingers crossed for the whole work thing.

Alq (and no, I'm not taking grapes and copper in this land. It'll cost at least 50 gold and a delicious chocolate cake!)
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt on Fri 28 May 2010, 01:58

I was delighted when Alquiel told me yesterday you were going to try WoW, really looking forward to sharing the wonders of Azeroth with you.
Hugs
Colt

PS In this one I'm small, green haired, and have far less hats.
Colt
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rem on Fri 28 May 2010, 02:47

Fafnir! Yay! Welcome to the dark side Smile

I'm basically the same as before, only taller, with long ears, a shield and .. well, maybe a few things have changed!

Rem
Officer

View user profile http://remaglar.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Derfil on Sat 29 May 2010, 11:13

Finally installed after many, many patches of varying reliability at auto installing.

Derfil is now roaming around, someone already had Derfel unfortunately.
Derfil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elleyna on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 04:27

Hi guys I'm Snarl,

I am from the UK, I am 26, I a few loves in my life, cricket, wow, rum and of course my gf, although having to choose any over the others i think rum takes it... I have been playing since pretty much release, I think I missed the first day or so due to work, but I have played many classes both Horde and Alliance. My current Horde server is Haomarush and the Alliance server is Darksorrow. Unfortunately I haven't managed to get any of Alliance guys to 80 yet as I kinda got hooked on Horde. My 80s are a Warrior and a Priest and then I have about 55 other characters anywhere in between.

As you may know by the post on the wow-europe forums I am looking for a new guild to call home. in TBC I was part of a guild of RL mates that only ran 10 man stuff, unfortunately back then it was restricted to Kara and then a little of ZA. in WotLK some of those guys moved to a new guild and we ran Naxx in that one both 10 and 25 versions. I deduced that 25s weren't for me. Since then I have been levelling many alt projects which sadly haven't amounted to anything and I always end up back on my Warrior. Now I am keen to get back into the social side of being in a small, very close, social guild that runs stuff together with a view to have a lot of fun rather than sit there in silence and shout at each other if mistakes are made. Like many people I have a job and a life outside of Wow so my playing days vary from week to week but mostly it's Tuesday evenings, another evening in the week and then whenever I get time at weekends. Although in the summer with cricket it gets difficult.

You guys seem to be what I am looking and I will have to transfer my character not only across realms but also factions so much like a teenager, one day very soon I will be waking up with hair in some very strange places and a different voice... Obviously this makes my decision even more important that it is the right one so I will read what I can of this post to get to know some of you and perhaps in the meantime you can tell me a little more about your guild, your server, your wow lives and we can go from there.

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Elleyna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tam on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 04:34

Hey there Snarl,

Welcome to the Enthusiams forums. I, too, transferred from Horde-side - and I won't lie to you, it was a big step (I still occasionally wander to the wrong side of the room in Room of the Crusader), but also the best decision I ever made. Azeroth does spin on its axis a bit and it's a strange new world on the other side: but what I lost in height I made up for in facial hair.

There's lots of information about the philosophies and core values knocking around on the forums here - but I guess the best way to get to know us would be to roll up a level 1 and DMF and come say hello, chill in our Vent channel, listen in on one of our raids.

I guess I'd say we're a small, close-knit guild - feels more like a group of friends than a guild, to be honest. We're serious about our raiding in the sense that we love it and we want to bring our best to it, but we don't want to acheive our goals through the sacrifice of respect, kindness and fun.

We run all Tiers of content basically because we like raiding and there's nothing more tedious than farming the same bosses over and over and over and over again, week after week. Let me see, my favourite raid is Ulduar - that place is fucking epic. Also, as Alq said, TRAAAAIN! But my favourite fight from the current content is Rotface, I know that's totally crazy but it's tailor made for a disco priest and I just love all the crazy running around.

If you have any particular questions for us, feel free to shoot them, or you can collar us in-game if that's easier.
Tam
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elleyna on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 04:46

Well I'm currently at work and doing the inevitable on a Friday so I won't be able to come and chat online for a little while at least. But in the interest of doing hardly any work today I figured I would just sit on here as much as possible.

If I'm honest, I don't have too many problem changing over to Alliance, I have lots of Alliance characters already and it might make a nice change to see what raiding is like these days, the last time I raided as Alliance was in MC when Shamen were non existent. You guys do seem very friendly and down to earth with the right attitudes in game and out of it. I am very much considering becoming a part of your guild. I just have to decide who I bring along. I have a Priest which is currently extremely undergeared having only recently hit 80 and falling victim to the gear score bandits in random hcs. My Warrior is my pride and joy and there are constant battles between the Stalwart Protector on my left shoulder and the Furious Barbarian on my right shoulder. I can never decide what I want to do. Thank god for dual spec. Do you guys have any preferences whether you have a Warrior or a Priest?

Elleyna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tam on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 04:50

I'm supposed to be working as well Razz

You should honestly bring the character you love to play - which, from your message, sounds like the warrior (although we would happily give a home to any or all of them). At the risk of sounding like some kind of weird Enthusiasm Cultist (you will be assimilated), we strongly believe that people play best when they're playing the characters they want to be playing.
Tam
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 04:56

Snarl wrote:Hi guys I'm Snarl

Hi Snarl! *waves eagerly*

Snarl wrote:to get to know some of you and perhaps in the meantime you can tell me a little more about your guild, your server, your wow lives and we can go from there.

Wuhu! I get to tell about my wow life! *claps,then realises she is still listed as "absent" and looks around* Permission to speak,Officers?

*waits a minute*

Ok,I`ll speak anyway!

When I first joined Enthusiasm I was feeling like a child at her first day in kindergarden. All nervous, scared of doing or saying anything that would automatically turn me into the "odd,new kid", but at the same time all excited to meet so many new people! And I have to say, I could never have joined a finer guild. *nodnod* I was pretty certain about what I wanted from my WoW experience, so I had never been in any other guilds (apart from one with a bunch of friends,but then they all disappeared to something called Real Life...pfft). And Enthusiasm sure was everything I wanted, and more. They even let me bring in my hundredandsix alts, which I am really grateful of. To me, WoW is so much more than just raiding and farming. Leveling a new character, experiencing old continent or just sit on the beach and fish up some Firefin Snappers is all a part of the great game we play. And I love every single bit of it.

*breathes*

So...I guess my point is that Enthusiasm is a guild that lets you be who you are! They know exactly what it means to have a RL, they don`t demand anything from you, and they are there to help or just make your day brighter whenever you need. I love these guys, I really do. *sniff*

And as Tam said (Tam is lovely), you could make a lvl 1 on our server and just hang around these great people for a bit, see what Enthusiasm is all about!

Sherise.
Sherise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 04:57

Oh, absolutely this! Bring what you love. If you enjoy and want to bring others over later, no problem! If you want to start an alt here too, not a problem either!

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elleyna on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 05:01

I think you're absolutely right. There are so many classes I would love to level and experience a bit of end game with but I just can't seem to stay away from Snarly. I have tried basically every role, healing, ranged dps, caster dps, melee dps and tanking of all shapes and sizes. I honestly think tanking is my calling providing I'm in a decent group of people who respect what I do and allow me to do my job properly. PuGing sometimes makes it highly unenjoyable however in the right guild setting I love it.

I should probably have a look around the other parts of your site and see what other info I can gather about the guild. I just quite enjoy chatting and getting to know people who potentially I could be spending a lot of game time with. Although I go for lunch in about an hour and I can make a level 1 on your server, do you know if there will be anyone I can chat with for half an hour or so?

Hey Sherise, good to hear there are guilds in the world that allow all these things. I have been searching for a guild for about a week now and let me tell you, guilds like this are few and way too far between. And I don't know if there is something to be interpretted from this or not but the 1 or 2 I have found, are on Alliance side... So how many members do you currently have? I briefly checked the Armory but then got side tracked with this site.

It's just extremely refreshing to know there are people still playing who enjoy the game for what it is rather than steaming ahead looking at gear scores and acheivements.

Elleyna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tam on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 05:03

To be honest, we're all working bunnies - so we tend to be pretty quiet during the day. Best time to catch Enthusiasts is in the evening - although your Enthusiasm is, err, absolutely fantastic Very Happy
Tam
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elleyna on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 05:13

Understood. I work 2 miles from where I live so I often head home for my lunch hour. Well, I am really liking what I am seeing so far and I will definitely give this a serious amount of thought over the next few days or so. I also have some RL friends who would be very interested in you guys as well. One is a Hordey like myself and the other is currently levelling his Alliance Warrior after a year or so off. My gf is also slowly getting her warlock to 80 so as long as you guys are happy, I will spread the word.

Also, my final question. I noticed Darkmoone Faire is a RP server? What does that actually mean these days? I have never been on one, only ever pvp servers. I have never RPed before nor do I really have any interest to. Is this going to cause problems?

Elleyna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dywen on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 05:27

Snarl wrote:Also, my final question. I noticed Darkmoone Faire is a RP server? What does that actually mean these days? I have never been on one, only ever pvp servers. I have never RPed before nor do I really have any interest to. Is this going to cause problems?

Hey Snarl! as far as it been an rp server i think the main think is to respect the realm rules, sort of no silly names and general respect to people who are rping although there is no need to do it yourself if your not interested. To be honest though you probably won't witness much rp especially in dalaran, i've been here as long as i've played wow and rp is sorta more based in events and guilds.
Dywen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iRONthunder on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 10:02

Hey guys - I'm Voodooz, Snarls mate from the dark side. Thought I'd pop on and say hi too!

I reckon you guys could be just what we're looking for - I like cake too. So here's the important question and please, be as honest as you can. Do Draneii get cold hoofs? I mean as a troll shaman and not being able to wear shoes I've spent the past year with permenant frostbite on my toes. Would getting hoofs mean I suffer less in the cold of Northrend?

No pressure - although it probably is a deal breaker...

iRONthunder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum