Enthusiasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nefarian - or better yet, his head

+4
Xethistar
Sherise
Asayanka
Joe
8 posters

Go down

Nefarian - or better yet, his head Empty Nefarian - or better yet, his head

Post  Joe Thu 28 Apr 2011, 03:07

Not long ago, I wailed to a few of you in game to help me with my classic dungeons, the last being doing Nefarian in.

We had a crack at it, but with the limited numbers we had, the first room proved to be a pain.

I am very very keen to get this done and dusted, as its the last of the classics I have yet to do.

Im sure there are a few of you that still need to do this one as well.

I'd like to see if there is some interest in doing a guild run and getting the achievs as well.

Pop a comment if you'd like to, then we can arrange a day for us to have a crack at it!

*hugs n cake... with a 20pk of beer*

EDIT:

schedule updated for this sunday at 19:00 server time, if you havent got an invite, just shout me here or in game!

*hug*

Last edited by Joe on Fri 20 May 2011, 08:41; edited 1 time in total
Joe
Joe

http://www.joegamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Nefarian - or better yet, his head Empty Re: Nefarian - or better yet, his head

Post  Asayanka Thu 28 Apr 2011, 03:49

me! *jumpsupanddown*

me looooooooves classic raids. Very Happy
Asayanka
Asayanka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise Thu 28 Apr 2011, 03:51

I`ll come!
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Xethistar Thu 28 Apr 2011, 08:31

me too!
Xethistar
Xethistar

http://www.last.fm/user/Apythia

Back to top Go down

Post  Daineiara Thu 28 Apr 2011, 09:00

Count me in! Very Happy

Daineiara

Back to top Go down

Post  Barosu Fri 06 May 2011, 10:53

I am in, just slap me the day on my calendar pls Smile
Barosu
Barosu

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidán Fri 06 May 2011, 11:00

I´m in!!! cheers

Aidán

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon 09 May 2011, 00:49

im thinking weekendish time frame as i cant during the week. Saturday/sunday evening ok?
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise Mon 09 May 2011, 05:48

I can sunday. Smile
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed 11 May 2011, 02:24

any objections to sunday?

I'm looking forward to it already!
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidán Fri 13 May 2011, 23:15

Yeah Sunday is a good day for Anka and me. What a Face

Aidán

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat 14 May 2011, 02:16

*squeeeee*

<- nervous!!!
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun 15 May 2011, 05:57

Important note:

It is a good idea to have the MT or at least some "hard" class (warrior, paladin or feral druid) control him, because Razorgore will have an infinite amount of aggro on his former controller in Phase 3. Controlling Razorgore is a channeled effect which regularly wears off after 90 seconds. The "destroy egg" ability has a cooldown of 10 sec, so 9 eggs can be destroyed each control period. Beyond this, Razorgore has a fire ball volley, and the ability to sleep dragonkin.

It can help to position Razorgore away from the orb near the end of the control periods, so he cannot immediately attack the controller. Do not double-click the orb. If you do that you will get the mind exhaustion debuff which means that you can't control him and someone else will need to take over. The boss will be loose while this happens and that's bad. If you want to end a control period early, the /dance emote is an appropriate method.

If the sleep dragonkin ability is to be used, a dedicated assist for this purpose should be set up. This person keeps a lookout for loose dragonkin, and targets them. The Razorgore controller can then assist and sleep while waiting for the destroy egg cooldown. There appears to be no cap on the number of dragons he can sleep, so a skilled controller can take as many as four dragonkin out of the fight.

If Razorgore dies before this phase is complete, he will produce a large death explosion which will kill everything in the room. This explosion goes through Divine Shield and Ice Block and is not prevented by Ardent Defender.

This is probably hte hardest part of the entire dungeon.

Then later is Nefarion has a fun ability in his phase two fight, role specific:

During class-call outs, that class will have some negative effect on them. Below is a list of each class and the effect their call-out has on them:

Death Knights
■Effect: Casts Death Grip on the entire raid, pulling everyone inside his hitbox.
■Solution: Simply run back to your positions - unlike the Rogue call, this one does not immobilize teleported players for the duration.

Druids
■Effect: Stuck in Cat Form for duration of the call.
■Solution: Safest call is to stay back and wait for the debuff to wear off. Some raids may let the Druids run up and DPS, however this puts them at risk for getting feared into the Shadowflame and dying. Mages should get ready to decurse the Veil of Shadow off the MT.
■Note: As of October 2007, this class call is bugged and will put the entire raid into cat form for its duration. It is unclear which abilities are still usable while transformed. Ironically, our druid was able to heal during this call while our other healers were not.

Hunters
■Effect: Equipped ranged weapon instantly broken.
■Solution: Hunters should either manually unequip their bow or set up a macro (macro available at bottom of article) to instantly unequip. Be sure to bring extra ranged weapons in the event your bow/gun does break. Alternatively, equip a second ranged weapon immediately prior to the class call, then switch back to the main weapon after. Using a cheep weapon (gray quality) will reduce repair bills incurred, but will reduce DPS during the seconds when it is equipped.

Mages
■Effect: Cast Wild Polymorph on random raid members, which has no range or Line of Sight (LoS) restrictions.
■Solution: Mages can use Ice Block to remove this debuff, but priests and paladins need to be ready to Dispel Magic and Cleanse polymorphed players, especially tanks. Wild Polymorph has no range or line-of-sight limitations, so moving away from the raid or behind the nearby pillars is ineffective; mages can continue to DPS through this call.

Priests
■Effect: Direct Heals will subsequently DoT their target with Corrupted Healing (Renew and Power Word: Shield do still work normally though). The DoT is stackable and can end up doing a lot of damage if not caught quickly.
■Solution: Stop use of direct healing spells for the duration. Druids, Paladins, and Shaman must compensate. Three or more stacks of this debuff makes the Main Tank very difficult to heal. Priests can stack Renew the main tank and wand Nefarian for mana (with Judgement of Wisdom on Nefarian).

Paladins
■Effect: Cast Blessing of Protection on Nefarian.
■Solution: Paladins should cast Judgement of Wisdom on Nefarian, and all casters should wand back mana while he is protected. (It is advisable to cease damage during this call as the MT won't be able to gain more aggro. Healer heal, the rest can lean back and regenerate mana.)

Rogues
■Effect: Teleported and immobilized in place close to Nefarian.
■Solution: In some cases Rogues will be rooted in a "safe" spot and MT adjustment is not required. If rogues do get rooted in the Cleave/Shadowflame area, the MT must turn Nefarian 45-90 degrees away from the raid to prevent rogue deaths.

Shamans
■Effect: Give Nefarian buffed totems, including windfury, and fire nova. Corrupted Totems have between 200 and 2000 HP and they very quickly will become a veritable forest of totems. Concentrated firepower isn't needed to take down totems, but weaker melee hits won't destroy some totems in single hits. The totems, while problematic, sound worse than they are - the major issue (raid-wide) here will be DPS on Nefarian becoming nonexistent due to clean up efforts or losing someone extremely low on health due to getting hit by a fire nova pulse. The worst part about this call is the huge drain on shaman mana and mana regeneration. It is not a good idea to enter Phase 3 when these totems are up, as the Bone Constructs will receive the buffs from the totems.
■Solution: All single target DPS switch to the totems and bring them down as fast as possible. There's not much else to do besides weather the tax on shaman mana - if shaman are low on mana, waiting to drink a mana potion until AFTER their call is over may spare them a wasted potion and some totem spawns.
■Note: Pressing V on your keyboard (or whatever key you have set to enable enemy health bars on-screen) is very useful for this part.

Warriors
■Effect: Stuck in Berserker Stance plus an additional 30% damage taken for duration of the call.
■Solution: Extra heals for the MT. The MT also needs to make sure that Stance Sets is not enabled or he'll likely unequip his shield. At the end of the debuff Warriors must manually return to their desired stance. The raid should also watch its damage output, as the main tank will not be generating the extra threat ordinarily caused by defensive stance.

Warlocks
■Effect: 2 Infernals per Warlock are summoned. They will stun and do minor (physical?) damage to the warlock and those immediately surrounding them.
■Solution: The infernals are immune to fire damage but are easily taken down by mage AoE. Assistance from Rogues and Warriors is also helpful. Warlocks, try to stand in an isolated area in the back of the raid for the duration of Phase 2 to avoid stunning healers when the Infernals come down. Having your mages stand near the Warlocks and setting up a frost Nova rotation helps to keep them contained.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidán Sun 15 May 2011, 09:20

What time do you plan to start??

Aidán

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun 15 May 2011, 09:31

incase anyone isn't sure about start time, i think we ahve agreed sometime between 19-20 server time.

See you then!
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun 15 May 2011, 12:09

looks like here wasnt enough of us on, I will reschedule for nesxt sunday and make it a little more official with some calenedar entries/invites etc.

Hope to see you then!
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise Sun 15 May 2011, 13:48

Yeah, I`m really sorry Joe! Work called last minute, so I had to go. I just got back home. Neutral But let`s try again!
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon 16 May 2011, 01:15

no worries!!
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri 20 May 2011, 08:41

schedule updated for this sunday at 19:00 server time, if you havent got an invite, just shout me here or in game!

*hug*
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise Sun 22 May 2011, 09:18

Me and Dillbert will be around to help you if we are able to start at 7pm servertime. We have a raid at 8pm, so need to be done by then. Smile Let`s kick some dragon butt!
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Asayanka Sun 22 May 2011, 11:13

'ellooooo.... where is everyone? I gather then, that we're not gonna hit some dragon butt... ah well. Crying or Very sad
Asayanka
Asayanka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise Sun 22 May 2011, 12:42

But we did! Death to the dwagon! cheers
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon 23 May 2011, 05:22

yeah!!!

thanks to all who turned up!

A successful dragon head piccy will be uploaded tonight!

*hugs and cake to you all*
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon 23 May 2011, 11:41

Nefarian - or better yet, his head Nefari10
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down