Enthusiasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applications

+18
Colt
Talmai
Morryn
Meesh
Lampy
iRONthunder
PsyChick
Clockwise
Rem
Daineiara
theanorak
Elleyna
Rinaka
Elphane
Sherise
Joe
Versia
Alquiel
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Applications - Page 3 Empty Enthusiasm Wannabe

Post  Morryn Sun 10 Oct 2010, 04:28

Hi all!

Came across your guild while checking out wow-ladies' forum and became interested in joining. I'm a leveling hunter named Morryn currently at lvl 64 looking to change server when I hit 80 and Enthusiasm really seems like a nice place to be Smile

Who am I in IRL? I'm a Swedish lady age 36 who has been playing wow for 2 years. Apart from that I love chocholate, mojitos, music and books. Will tell you more about myself if I get to join since it's always good to keep an aura of mystery around you Wink

Who am I in WoW? I enjoy the social aspects of wow / a nice guild as well as some casual raiding once or twice a week. I like the questing part of WoW and love doing the odd battleground as well. As a guild member I'm helpful, friendly, loyal and have a good sense of humour Very Happy As a hunter I'm currently leveling as beast master but when Cata is released who knows what spec I will be.

A short description of me but hope that it's enough - otherwise let me know and I will add some more information!

PS: I don't mind sharing my chocolate cake
Morryn
Morryn

Back to top Go down

Applications - Page 3 Empty Re: Applications

Post  Sherise Sun 10 Oct 2010, 06:38

Morryn wrote: PS: I don't mind sharing my chocolate cake

*jumps up and down waving her arms to get Alquiels attention* Caaaake! Here! Let Morryn in now!

And hi, Miss Huntress! Looking forward to meeting you! You sound just perfect for us! (and vice verca, of course!)
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Meesh Sun 10 Oct 2010, 08:40

Hi again here is a link to my armory im showing now probably didn't before because of the server and faction change

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkmoon+Faire&cn=Meesha

Meesh

Back to top Go down

Applications - Page 3 Empty Introducing: Talmai the Lighthammer

Post  Talmai Sun 10 Oct 2010, 08:41

Talmai the Lighthammer is a Draenei Paladin, who for reasons unknown (or undisclosed) does not speak. He uses sign-language to convey his various thoughts on things, and is thought to have a wicked (in many different meanings of the word) sense of humour by those close to him.
Often accompanied by a Night Elf Druid, and lately having been spotted in various places around Northrend, doing the Light's deeds and Naaru's bidding.
(He claims he shall smite the Light into them. And of course, if they resist or die in the process, well ... The Light works in mysterious ways?)

Currently geared in some T9, some worse, some better. And soon buying my first T10 (helmet). Aka: In the process of gearing up.
(Gear-runs? I would never ask such a thing, too modest and maintaining a level of independence. But if they were to mysteriously happen, I wouldn't say no!)
And being Protection spec, that helmet will get the Argent Crusade arcanum, working on the rep at the same time. (Both by Quests & Tabard.)

As a I player I'm all about having a good time. The game is supposed to be something fun, regardless how much escapism is involved in everyone's playing. I don't often ask a lot about other players, not because I don't care, but because I feel most of the stuff they do or who they are is none of my business. I play on a roleplaying realm because of the roleplay, but that doesn't mean I have no clue about game mechanics or don't enjoy the actual game content - quite the opposite. I have characters on both sides, played with variable intensivity, depending on the mood and all that. Talmai is my only 80 here, and will be my dedicated Emblem grinder. I'm also levelling a Resto Druid (60+ atm), but I think our Healer-situation was ok-ish? (If not, I also like healing!)

I have played every character, and every class. Not with every combination.
I have played every role, but not with every class.
And not all even to Outland, but ... I still think I have a fair grasp of "how things work".
And in short what I think of different roles, for possible giggles (no harm meant!) :
  • Melee DPS: Easy role, little responsibility. Very close to action, which hinders my ability to see things and get a grasp of the whole situation or bigger scene. My old main (T10+ Unholy DK) is much this.
  • Ranged DPS: Easy role, but more responsibility (such as target-switching in instances/raids). Further away from action, better visibility, but in a mesh of things targetting can still be hard. Bigger scene easier to see. Have played a Hunter / Mage for this.
  • Tanking: Much responsibility, but not as hard as people claim it to be. Very close to action, in the center of it, which hinders my ability to see things and get a grasp of the whole situation or bigger scene and my main stress in this role is in the lines of "what if something is hitting the healer now and I don't see it?"
  • Healing: High responsibility, but one of my favourite roles. usually within distance from action, but it matters little since I'm not staring that much anyway. It's the health bars I'm watching, and boy, has choosing my intended target ever been easier! It's right there! Or right under my F2-F5 buttons!

But yes, I also do other things than WoW. You know: School, friends, life.
Most of my friends don't actually play WoW, but the friends that I have made here or elsewhere online are very dear as well.
I like to consider myself a very dependable person, and when I do make a commitment I dedicate myself to it more than ... some.
But for the reasons above, I don't think I have what I would take to join a "HC Raiding Guild", that have strict rules of attending and contributing.
One more reason for Enthusiasm to be my preferred choice.

And how did I find you? From WoW Ladies at LiveJournal - where I blog under a pseudonym mostly about some WoW-related stuff, venting off steam and stuff.

One of re-occurring themes I blog about is my strong sense of right and wrong. And when I see something wrong, or something that isn't "fair", unlike those wiser than me, I just can't keep my big mouth shut, but have to say something. I'm not always at my best and not always at my most adult-like behaviour, I can admit that. I am no stranger to saying sorry or feeling regret either.
An observant mind - big mouthed nature. Not always a good combination. (Some things, even if true, are unpleasant to be heard / known by others. Ability to handle that happening varies from person to person.) This is something I'm trying to learn and improve myself as a person atm. ^^
(Always something to improve. A never ending process, huh?)

And even though it wasn't needed, I wanted to finish up with my meager raid experience CV, as I did kind of join, uh, to raid. ^^
I didn't remember details of it, so I cheated and checked what be.imba.hu says:
10 mans: Naxxramas (12/15), Sartharion (1/1), Ulduar (4/14), Coliseum (2?!/5), Icecrown (3/12)
25 mans: Icecrown (4/12)
VoA 3/4 both 10&25 man. Malygos.
And some other minor inconsistencies that I slightly disagree with, but yes. Mainly that. Not a huge addition, but if you work out the tactics and just point me where to stand and who to smack or who to heal, I'm good to go! ^^ As a person, if it weren't too braggy, I'd say I'm a great addition. :P

//Yours truly, Talmai and the player.
(now playing Vectoria. That'll be the name of my Goblin I think. For now just helping a Mage-beginner with this alt, not going to level her much.)

Ps: Also suffering from long wordetitis, an incurable disease. >_<
Talmai
Talmai

Back to top Go down

Post  Rem Sun 10 Oct 2010, 08:42

Sherise wrote:*jumps up and down waving her arms to get Alquiels attention*
Hehe, that attention might not arrive until tomorrow, but I'm about tonight (as usual), Ano may be too and everyone else is also welcome to take part in a potential have-a-chat-with-potential-recruits session. So, Meesha and Morryn, if you'd like and have time, pop by and say hi (in Morryn's case, on a level 1 alt).

Rem
Officer

http://remaglar.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Sun 10 Oct 2010, 15:05

Cake?! Did someone say cake?!!!

Cake for the win...weehhhhheeee, I'm sooooo hyper!!!* Now....uh, I'm still too hyper to address everyone personally, but hello to you all, and a huge welcome to our little home.

*pauses* Ahem. Yes, still hyper. Sorry about that, just returned from a fantastic weekend with friends to find more potential new friends here. Which calls for...ooh, let me see....cake and....RUM!!!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

http://nowiamtree.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Applications - Page 3 Empty More Girls?!?!

Post  Elleyna Mon 11 Oct 2010, 02:25

Hey Guys,

I have finally convinced my precious girlfriend to transfer her Warlock over to Darkmoon Faire to finish off getting to 80 ready for the expansion. As a result I would formally like to make an application on her behalf. Now, a little bit about her...

Her name is Kirsty, she is 25 and we live together in a village in Essex. She isn't much of a gamer but she has her moments. Her gaming history (that I know of) consists of playing Conflict: Desert Storm and Final Fantasy with her brother, pottering about on her Nintendo DS and watching me play various Resident Evil games. And WoW! She used to watch me play a few years ago, before we moved in together. One day she asked if she could play, to which my response was affraid. So we created her a little Night Elf Warrior on my account and she pottered about for a few hours in Teldrassil killing stuff and generally not having a clue. I told myself I wasn't going to intervene and she would learn stuff on her own. That didn't work out very well and I soon jumped in when I saw her autorunning into a tree not too long after logging in. So naturally I taught her the ropes, showed her the basic interface and how to move around and control her character. And she took to it like a duck to water. Inevitably, I got bored watching her play so I went out and bought her her own copy of the game. At this point I only had one PC so naturally I bought a laptop as well. Now we can both play and we're as happy as Larry.

She's not a particularly hardcore gamer, she likes to log in and run a few dungeons every now and then. She's certainly not a theorycrafter of any sort, she doesn't read about her class and I think she gets a bit panicky with all the different buttons to press. I generally have to advise her on what to look for in stats on gear (though she is getting better), I tend to do all her talents for her, and sometimes when there's a particular spell that would be useful in a certain situation, she likes to be reminded that she actually has said spell in her arsenal. That being said, give her a boss to kill and she's happy to blast away with curses and bolts and afflictions of all shapes and sizes. She loves her Felguard, Juuthan (or whatever his name is), and she's always talking to him as if he can hear her (must be the Warlock insanity).

She has never been in a guild before and WoW is her first ever MMO so she sometimes forgets there are hundreds of other people around so she is bound to be very shy however I'm sure she would love to join the family and I think it would do her some good to realise what it's like to play a game like WoW as it is supposed to be played. I will encourage her to make a forum account and pop in and say hi as well.

I hope she will be welcome even if it just as a social member. Currently she is level 77 and I will be encouraging her to play more often from now on. Hopefully when she meets all you guys, I won't need to encourage her and she will come to love the game as we all do.

Elleyna

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Mon 11 Oct 2010, 06:20

Warreck, we would love to have Kirsty along! I'm already looking forward to meeting her - *waves in Kirsty's direction* - and shy isn't a problem at all, nor is being social! (I remember how I was with my first MMO, luckily I knew a couple of other people in game in real life, but otherwise, it was SO scary!)
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise Mon 11 Oct 2010, 06:23

What Alquiel said! Bring in the cutiepie!

Hmm...does this mean I can`t lick Warreck anymore?
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Rem Mon 11 Oct 2010, 06:25

Bring 'er 'ere!

Sherise wrote:Hmm...does this mean I can`t lick Warreck anymore?
Look. This is the public part of our forums. Don't make me write things that would be too naughty, 'kay? Razz

Rem
Officer

http://remaglar.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Mon 11 Oct 2010, 06:34

Sherise, let's not look at it in that way.....I see it more as an opportunity to lick Warreck AND Kirsty too!

Rem, this druid is pointing you to the private parts of the forum....go, be naughty there!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise Mon 11 Oct 2010, 06:47

Alquiel wrote:Sherise, let's not look at it in that way.....I see it more as an opportunity to lick Warreck AND Kirsty too!

Oh yeah! *is happy again*
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Elleyna Mon 11 Oct 2010, 06:49

I was about to protest and say that I think Warreck would be incredibly offended if the licking stopped... I can't wait to get her online to meet you guys. Hopefully she'll pop on for a bit tonight to say hello.

Elleyna

Back to top Go down

Post  Meesh Wed 20 Oct 2010, 09:10

Hey there again

Sorry ive not been around much just got back from holiday, but I did have a brief chat with Rem last night and I would still very much like to join you guys only change is with all the changes I have decided to focus on shadow now rather than waiting till cata seeing there is a lot to get used to I am still specced Disc and would always heal if needed but would prefer to dps just to let you know

Meesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Wed 20 Oct 2010, 09:11

Hi Meesh!

Hope you had a good holiday, and not a worry at all. The first and foremost requirement is that you play the character you enjoy!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Meesh Wed 20 Oct 2010, 09:37

Alquiel wrote:Hi Meesh!

Hope you had a good holiday, and not a worry at all. The first and foremost requirement is that you play the character you enjoy!

Oh I very much enjoy healing I just wanted to do someting different for a change and the disc dps healing spec is a lot of fun in 5 mans not sure how useful it would be in a raid though

Meesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Thu 21 Oct 2010, 07:13

Am posting a heads up, as he'll be introducing himself later on, but I'm just about to invite a real life friend of ours, with his gnome rogue, Nikitt. He's a newbie to the game, but after watching us the other week with the Lich King, we've got him hooked!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Thu 21 Oct 2010, 08:01

Yay! Welcome Nikitt!
Remember to point him here as well!
Colt
Colt
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherise Thu 21 Oct 2010, 08:04

Wuhu! More people to lick! *cheers happily*
Sherise
Sherise

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Thu 21 Oct 2010, 08:05

I've sent him the link! He's currently playing on your pc, too, as the SGP has reached a natural stop today.....
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Applications - Page 3 Empty Kabane

Post  Kabane Sun 05 Dec 2010, 09:32

Hi all,
Im looking for a easy going friendly guild with who have a good scene of humor,
I spoke to Alquiel over the past couple of days on a trial account whille i was trying to sort out the reactivation of my old account,
and she suggested i make a post here,
I used to play a long while ago i have a lvl70 Warlock who is demon spec'ed. and stopped due to several personal reasons, i come from a fairly long time frame of mmorpg's started with Daoc from the start moved onto WoW then played WAR, ive come back to WoW now and im really looking forward to the new Cata expansion,

even though i have a mid lvl charter in WoW with all the new things since i left im pretty much a NooB!,
and its quite fun re-exploring the world.

a little about me ,Im from Wales in the UK, im into Pc's, Car's, MMORPGs and lose women(but dont tell the wife!)
i have an Evil 3yr daughter, one softy of a dog sometimes comes if you call him by his name "tyler" , im a Driver by profession and a mechanic by my spare time, and an Ex-Chef from 4-5 star restaurants and hotels from around the UK and Europe, quite a mix i know.
and im running out of things to say so ill stop there and if u'd like to chat feel free to msg Kapain ingame.

Thanks Dave

Kabane

Back to top Go down

Post  theanorak Sun 05 Dec 2010, 11:03

Hi and welcome Smile
theanorak
theanorak

http://www.mysteriousbuttons.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Elphane Mon 06 Dec 2010, 07:13

Wooo, fresh meat!!! Lol, sorry, just kidding Smile

Hope to see you soon, if you need help with anything give Glissinda/Petaline/Moraith a poke Smile
Elphane
Elphane

http://elphane.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Applications - Page 3 Empty hallo and application.

Post  Xethistar Sun 09 Jan 2011, 17:01

Hallo everyone,

So I thought I would do as suggested and introduce myself, and tell you some not very interesting things about me. I type all this with a cat resting halfway between my lap and the keyboard... this means anything may happen and I could get cut off at any point. Apologies in adavance for any sudden ending of post. Oh and for my bad spellings. *waves the dyslexia card about a bit*

Anyhoo, I like to play WoW. Quite a bit. If I tell you I met my husband on WoW and I walked down the aisle to the Song of Elune, I think you may get my drift. It's ok, it's not the craziest thing we've ever done together.

In real life I work at a medical museum - the bonuses of which include having plastic eyes and a catheter in my desk draw and some false teeth lying around. The not bonus is charity pay and being skint, which I am using as my excuse to hang around in Azeroth in my non work hours. I play with real life friends on another realm, but we rarely do much content together. I've been hanging around various realsm for a bit trying to find one I liked. The one which I like the mostest was DFM. Then it turns out there was a rl connection and now I am applying. I'd love to do some casual rading and HC's. My main (nelf drood) is just gearing up for HC's but it's frustrating pug healing. I've noticed that some other peeps have transfered toons and all, but as my others are with RL friends, I'd say I'd probably not do that. In the mean time I am leveling my nelf preist, Xethistar, (fav class, fact fans) a worgen drood and a dreanei pally, and they will all heal... ah hello pug dungeon groups.

So back to more RL stuff... I do ramble quite a bit, and going off topic is a specialty of mine. I like making stuff, felt, fimo and food being my fav playing things. I also like hot baths, a wrong sense of humour and fruit juice in my white spirits. I think this is enough rambling for now. Say hello if you see me in game.

Take care all,

Xethis.
Xethistar
Xethistar

http://www.last.fm/user/Apythia

Back to top Go down

Post  theanorak Mon 10 Jan 2011, 04:42

Excellent intro, Xethi(s) -- welcome!

I think quite a lot of us have transferred characters over -- some straight away, others (*eyes Anka*) after first levelling a brand-new character to endgame and grabbing many fancy titles Smile

See you ingame...
theanorak
theanorak

http://www.mysteriousbuttons.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum