Enthusiasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come say hello.

+26
Garfwain
iRONthunder
Sherise
Elleyna
Derfil
Naprea
Joe
Vae
Salvaenus
sunesynfel
Tam
theanorak
Rhizzo
Nightprowler
Jath
Malicht
Dywen
Coppelia
berylia
Halona
Wreen
Elondir
Twyna
Rem
Colt
Alquiel
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Come say hello. Empty Come say hello.

Post  Alquiel Tue 16 Feb 2010, 06:17

Hello and and a warm welcome to our forums. This is the space where you can say a hello, let us know if you'd like to come for a crazy adventurous ride of discovery and fun with us, or simply chill out. This is your space!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

http://nowiamtree.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Come say hello. Empty Re: Come say hello.

Post  Alquiel Wed 17 Feb 2010, 06:11

And so to break the ice here.....*wields +5 strength Ice Pick of the Bear*

Hi, I'm Alquiel!

I've gamed and role-played for way too many years than I care to mention, and spent far too many weekends in the dim and distant past running round woods in silly costumes hitting people with latex swords. I got sucked into WoW after a couple of years in LotRO, and haven't looked back since. (It's drier than larping, and you bruise less.)

In RL I am based in the UK, and am happily married to Colt who is eternally grateful that I am as addicted to gaming as he. We have three evil cats, a huge collection of books of all sorts including the sequential art of Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore and a strong appreciation of The Hitchhiker's Guide and The Princess Bride. I have a strong appreciation of both the art of bellydance (yes, I have danced with a tray of lit tea-lights on my head), shoes and high end chocolate....

Although I'm still fairly new to WoW itself, and very new to WoW raiding, I've regularly raided in LotRO, and one of the hightlights there for me was to be chosen as part of a six man team who cleared the Rift and downed the Balrog which is normally done as a 12 man raid. There was a huge team effort to get a number of us to that point, and I was honoured and delighted to be one of those six. I'm now looking forward to more challenges!

Last edited by Redswan on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 12:37; edited 2 times in total
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Wed 17 Feb 2010, 09:58

..and I am Colt, currently short (no puns intended) for Coltoon, a proudly green haired Gnomish Arcane Mage (although sometime very soon I may also appear as Bristolls, Dwarvish Femme Fatale of Fury. 79th as I write. )

I have also done a considerable amount of P&P RPGing in my time, as well as a little LARP. (These new fangled PC things weren’t very common back in the day...) Along with Alqua/Alquiel I was caught up in Lotro and enjoyed it greatly for a couple of years, but finally decided to move on when the end game became more grind and randomness than fun. We were tempted to try WOW and decided to stay. (I still have Age of Conan sat on my PC, as yet unplayed.) We were part of a very successful raiding collective in Lotro, and am looking forward very much to seeing the tougher parts of Azeroth.

I love:
pizza,
cherry beer,
zappy things,
rocket boots.

I do not love:
early mornings,*
high shelves,
geists,

(*although arriving at mornings from the wrong side is occasionally quite acceptable)

The phrase “Curiosity killed the cat” was originally “Curiosity killed the Colt”, but non-gamers have just forgotten over the years.
In any scenario, I am the one who will:
pick up the weapon from the cursed altar,
pry open the treasure chest,
try on the sparkly ruby slippers,
investigate the lonely castle on a stormy night,
quaff the potion to find out what it does
or simply run up the stairs too quickly and be eaten by geists.

Well, someone’s got to do it!
Colt
Colt
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rem Thu 25 Feb 2010, 11:47

Hello. My name is Rem, and I'm a Night-Elf Warrior.

No, wait. Let's try again.

Hi, I'm Rem. I've been a gamer ever since I got Super Mario Bros for my 12th birthday. Now, at 29, the passion isn't any less. Only the genres changed over time. For 7 years, from 2000 to 2007, I've been deeply involved in competitive FPS gaming, although my beloved game of choice, Unreal Tournament and its successors, never really made it out of the big shadow of CounterStrike. Nevertheless, it was a great time which I wouldn't want to miss and which taught me a great deal about .. let's say .. group dynamics, teams, communities and goals. Unreal Tournament 3 was long-awaited and much-hope-invested-into, but when it finally arrived, I tried it .. and didn't want to play it. A long and important chapter of my life had come to a close. And so I ended up in Lord of the Rings Online!

LotRO was my first MMORPG, with my RPG-experience before being limited to Baldur's Gate 2 and Neverwinter Nights (which I both loved) and some half-baked Battletech sessions back in the early 90ies. LotRO was, at the time, lovely and great fun. Through a mindbogglingly complicated chain of random events spanning a period of more than 3 months I ran into Alqua, and subsequently became great friends with her and Colt. We enjoyed and shared many great adventures and challenges; and through another chain of events, curiously interwoven with the first one, got into high-end raiding and discovered that we love it. Like Alqua and Colt, I also have been part of that Balrog-6-man team, and managed to use 4 slightly different gear layouts throughout that fight to optimize for the different phases Wink

Yet everything that has a climax, tends to have a skid, which arrived in spring last year, when, as Colt pointed out, the endgame began severely loosing its touch. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "raid 24/7" person, I very much like to have my time to invest in different aspects of the game, thankyouverymuch. But having once tasted of the sweet fruit of overcoming grand challenges with a large group of friends, you do not want to miss it again. I won't rant. Not here, not now. I'll just say that several factors came together and nudged me, nudged us out the door. And straight into Azeroth!

So here I am now, sharpening my weapons and eager to gather friends to take on the dangers beneath, above and around the world.

In real life I live in Berlin, Germany, and am nowhere as dead-serious as parts of this post may suggest. I'm an almost-graduate in computer science (thesis in evaluation as of the time of this writing) looking to find his vocation in the world of IT. My favourite hobby is, unsurprisingly, gaming - particularly WoW!

Rem
Officer

http://remaglar.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyna Thu 04 Mar 2010, 07:14

Ok, here goes, my name (or rather, the name of my little mage) is Twyna, she is one of my 80's (I have too much time on my hands, I admit).

The values and goals, do sound very promising, theres only one thing for me, I read, somewhere that you raid on a sunday and that kinda keeps me from applying at this time, since you have two raidingnights a week. I have a spouse, that yes, plays too, in a very raidingintensive guild. Him and I have the agreement that raiding in the weekend is a no-go area, since you do need some couple time as well and since he raids 4 nights in weektime, the weekend is kinda sacred so I wont nor will I ever break that rule we have amongst ourselves.

Now, with that stated, a little about me, as said, I have more then 1 level 80 char. Apart from a warrior and a rogue, I have every class at level 80 and all at the least capable of performing from nax and up.

I have raided hardcore and at some point, I noticed that really hardcore raiding simply is too much. You still have a life besides WoW (yes, its one of my favorite hobbies, but still... a hobby).

Now why pick out my mage to raid with? Simple: you cant keep them all to raiding (there are more then enough opportunities do fiddle about with your alts I think) and I love the mageclass.. and second (but not least important) shes a gnome, shes cute Smile

I like raiding, and I miss it ever since im not in a raidingguild anymore, the other part is: I like my reallife too, so I dont want the attendancy obligation of 7 raid a week with a minimum attendance of 75%, my RL goes over WoW at any time Smile
The other part about hardcore raiding is, that at some point it stops being fun. Its a game, you pay your monthly fee to have fun in game..and I'd like it to stay fun Smile

Thats a little about me, but as said: on sundays I will never sign up for raids so.. how usefull would I be to you guys?

Twyna

Back to top Go down

Post  Rem Thu 04 Mar 2010, 09:38

Twyna wrote:That's a little about me, but as said: on sundays I will never sign up for raids so.. how usefull would I be to you guys?
Very useful! Our raid schedule is very much a work in progress at the moment, while we're in the "building up and sniffing here and there" phase it's basically following the "seeing who's on and where we can go" principle. It's just that the first two (lovely!) people who joined said their most predictable days are Sunday and Monday, so, the logical thing was to proclaim those as preliminary raid days. In practice we raided yesterday, on a Wednesday, once we had the numbers, and made ourselves familiar with XT's charming voice. We may well go and prod some big bad tonight again.

Of course, at the point where our guild raid activities become more streamlined, we will have to decide on particular days for particular ventures, just so things become more predictable for everyone. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there and will certainly make sure to organize the schedule in a way that gives everyone the best opportunity to participate. Make rules for the people, not people for the rules Wink

In short, don't worry and don't hesitate to apply/join! Weekend-raiding won't be a problem. Looking forward to hear more from you!

Rem
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyna Thu 04 Mar 2010, 09:59

Well, I have no big plans for tonight so... :p

Twyna

Back to top Go down

Post  Rem Thu 04 Mar 2010, 10:12

Will give you a shout. Hope you have Vent at the ready, accelerates the "getting to know" process a lot! Smile

Rem
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyna Thu 04 Mar 2010, 10:26

Vent, teamspeak, skype, you name it Very Happy

Twyna

Back to top Go down

Come say hello. Empty Hello

Post  Elondir Fri 05 Mar 2010, 05:29

Just wanted to say hello.

I was skiming through the forums as usual when i saw the secret recruitment post in the tanking section =)
And I must say it was probably the best post I have read in..hmm...years.

Pretty much everything sounded amazing and I think I would be a perfect candidate to become a member.

I have played this game since nov 2005. Raided hardcore on some occasions but real life dont allow me to. Got 2 kids, the best achievement I have ever accomplished.

I can´t really give this game up, when teamed up with decent people this game is awesome. When you team up with the other kind it´s simply awful.

Basically this made me an altoholic, i have the luxury to be able to play at workSeven 80´s. Yay to badge farming =)

I dont have the time to join a 4 days a week raiding guild even if i want to. I hate not beeing able to experience the raiding again since it´s a vital part of the game.
Getting to know the people you raid with, getting close knit as a unit and then reap the rewards, priceless.

I have not really gotten into the PuG raiding since it´s not the same feeling/experience.
The Gearscore madness is retarded. I admit it´s a measure of a persons gearlevel, but nothing tells you if that person is a decent player or not.

So now what?

Well as I stated above I have alot of diffrent chars. None of them are on Darkmoon though. However, I am considering transfering one(or more)here.

Seeing you were looking for tanks I was thinking of my druid which I am most experienced with regarding tanking.
I could probably search the bank and throw some gear on my pally aswell if needed.

Give me some feedback.
Regards ToWi

Elondir

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Fri 05 Mar 2010, 05:40

Hi ToWi,

Am thanking you on behalf of Rem, for the words about his post! It's fantastic to know that there are likeminded people with very similar goals out there. And you're right, you do sound like a perfect candidate.

We're about online tonight, and would be quite happy to meet up with an alt, or have a chat in vent if you want to chat further. Regarding characters, both druid and pally sound pretty good to me. And it's not just tanks we're looking for, if you have any others that you want to dust off, feel free.

Looking forward to meeting you later,
Alquiel
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elondir Fri 05 Mar 2010, 05:49

See you tonight then Very Happy

Elondir

Back to top Go down

Post  Rem Fri 05 Mar 2010, 11:33

I'll try to be brief for a change, which isn't personal, but only temporal motivated Smile

ToWi wrote:I was skiming through the forums as usual when i saw the secret recruitment post in the tanking section =)
And I must say it was probably the best post I have read in..hmm...years.
Thank you! Very kind words indeed.

ToWi wrote:Got 2 kids, the best achievement I have ever accomplished.
Now that made me smile, in the most positive of ways. Most commendable (arguably the only viable) stance!

ToWi wrote:I can´t really give this game up, when teamed up with decent people this game is awesome. When you team up with the other kind it´s simply awful.
We're not very enthusiastic (*coughs*) about pugging. That's a kind way of saying we actively dislike it (with the partial exception of random heroics). We like to think of Enthusiasm as a place where people rarely ever need to pug, because there will be guildies who'll happily come along instead. (disclaimer: that in no way means that members are in any form "barred" from pugging)

ToWi wrote:Getting to know the people you raid with, getting close knit as a unit and then reap the rewards, priceless.
Uhuh .. that's why!

ToWi wrote:Seeing you were looking for tanks I was thinking of my druid which I am most experienced with regarding tanking.
I could probably search the bank and throw some gear on my pally aswell if needed.
The usual response: whichever you enjoy more. A tank would be awesome, but druid or pally (or both) is entirely up to your likings. Like Alquiel said, you're most welcome to bring other characters and roles as well!

Looking forward to seeing/hearing you tonight!

Rem
Officer

Back to top Go down

Come say hello. Empty Another hello

Post  Wreen Sat 06 Mar 2010, 07:29

Okay, first of all: Hello.

I am one of those players who loved this game, but who felt that I didnt belong anymore. I loved the teaming up, the hardwork in the instances and raids and doing things from the start, with the same team. Love the social aspects of this game, love the drama and not to say the action. However, the way things progressed it felt like everything that counted was speed. And endgame raiding. 7 days a week. Needless to say, i cant keep up with that. So i quit. Have been on hiatus since october now. Wasn't planning on ever starting playing again...but then

my friend ToWi, whom i know (IRL) and played with right from the start (somwhere around 05), sent me the link on the wow-forums. I read it, not that excited, but WoW (hehe). Finally a guild and players who valued the same things as I in the game. Love the idea, love the post and just felt like "I want in!".

So who am I? I am a ordinary person, 30 y/o living in Sweden with my wife and my little daughter. So no; i will not be online 24/7.
What would I bring? Well, a bag of experience, both of endgame raiding and development in the social departments (aka humor).

I dont have a arsenal of toons like Towi (because some of us acutally need to work for a living Wink ) but i could bring my Pally to the table(just need to brush the dust off from him).

(Dont have any of my characters on Darkmoon but would transfer asap if you guys want me in)
Love to hear from you guys!

Regards!
Wreen
Wreen
Wreen
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Sat 06 Mar 2010, 07:37

Wreen,

Welcome! Thank you for the kind words - we would be delighted to have you. More than delighted, in fact. We'll be about tonight, if you want to to roll up an alt and say hello - come meet us before taking the plunge of a transfer!

Looking forward to meeting you soon.
Alquiel
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Halona Wed 10 Mar 2010, 07:16

Hi I'm Halona,

I found you guys through WoW_ladies and although I would love to move my main over to be with you (She's a level 80 Troll Mage on Quel'Thalas named Arednel) she's a co-GM of a social guild which consists of myself, my boyfriend, a few real life friends and those you seem to pick up along the way. If any of you are around on QT horde side and would like a place to rest your head just send a message to anyone in The Dollhouse and you'll be more than welcome.

Outside of WoW I'm a 23 year old Chemistry student, currently excited about going on holiday to Australia next month and also upset that because of my holiday I can't afford to go to any conventions this year. Last year me and my boyfriend, along with four of our friends, headed to the US and visited San Diego Comic Con which was just mind blowing.

So I'm currently on this server as a hunter but I do have experience with other characters, like I said before my main is an arcane mage but I've played a paladin (prot) up to about level 40 and I am currently working on a holy priest through LFD who is in her low 30s right now.

Thanks Smile

Halona

Back to top Go down

Post  Rem Wed 10 Mar 2010, 10:53

Hi Halona!

I'm glad you took the leap to us. Sincerely hope we'll be able to not let you feel too lonely while levelling! Also, from all I heard, Australia is an amazing holiday location, so, enjoy it as much as possible and don't worry about conventions - those will be there again next year Wink

Rem
Officer

Back to top Go down

Come say hello. Empty Berylia

Post  berylia Sun 14 Mar 2010, 05:07

Hello there,

Since I've only just joined the guild, I thought I'd make an "introduce yourself" post. I'm from the UK, married to a lovely lady who is a non-gamer and thus a "PC widow" ;o), no kids (well, not yet anyway !) and have been into gaming and RPGs for a long time.

I first started out with the Sinclair ZX Spectrum back in the early 1980s (showing my age there, ahem !), and fell in love with the text adventures such as "The Hobbit" and the Level 9 games (Adventure Quest, Colossal Adventure etc), as well as the various platform games (Knight Lore, Monty Mole, Jet Set Willy etc) around at that time.

I then moved to the C64 and had a phase on the various shoot-em-ups (Sanxion, Delta, Paradriod, Uridium etc), and then moved onto the 16-bit machines, the Atari ST and Amiga 500 - I was really into the Magnetic Scrolls adventures (The Pawn, The Guild of Thieves, Jinxter etc) but nobody seems to remember those ! It was around this time that RPGs started to take off, so I fell into Dungeon Master, The Bard's Tale etc and, in particular, the Ultima games: Ultima 4 and 7 pretty much took over my entire life for 12 months they were so addictive and immersive.

I then begged, borrowed and stole to get a PC in the early 90s, and played all the great RPGs such as the Might & Magic and Elder Scrolls series, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate etc.

In terms of MMOs, Guild Wars was my first, which is pretty MMO lite but was good fun during the first 12 months. Being a huge Tolkien fan (aren't we all ?), I then hopped onto LOTRO and spent a happy 2 years there, followed by a frustrating time last year as the game went in a different, less appealing direction. And that brings me to WoW, which I'm really enjoying - so thanks once again for having me in your fine guild !

As well as PC-based RPGs and MMOs, I also did a bid of table top D&D/ AD&D back in the 1980s when I was a teenager - I also did MERP (Middle Earth Role Playing) which was great fun if anyone remembers that.

As well as RPGs and MMOs, I work in IT so I have a bit of a passion for that; I'm also a fan of Tolkien and Stephen King, and I have a big passion for very noisy music - it doesn't get any worse than my CD and vinyl collection, I assure you ;o) - although I do like a lot of odd ambient chill-out music as well. I also like watching The Guild (watchtheguild.com) and have a bit of a thing for Felicia Day.

Anyway, that's me ! Looking forward to gaming and eventually raiding with you all.

Berylia.
berylia
berylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Sun 14 Mar 2010, 05:29

Ah, good old table-top! Colt and I've done our fair share of that too, D&D, AD&D, MERP, Traveller, CoC, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, and a whole heap of other rather dubious games. It's always good to meet another player. Plus I'm now looking forward to you and Colt having a discussion on exactly how bad a music collection can be...!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Coppelia Wed 17 Mar 2010, 10:57

Hey guys!

As the other part of the two-for-one-Malicht-Coppelia-combi-deal I thought I should drop in and say my hellos, though he's pretty much covered the basics...

I've been gaming and roleplaying since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, though sadly at 29 I'm still not much bigger. My first ever MMO was Anarchy Online, which I played through my uni-years before having a shot at Everquest and then WoW. Warcraft has proven to be my favourite MMO and the one I always come back to. Part of that is no doubt due to the fact that it has some very fond memories for me: Malicht and I actually met on Earthen Ring and are living proof that internet relationships can work out (even if it does lead to some interesting 'so where did you two meet?' conversations...)

We both live just a bit north of London, though he's originally from Cornwall. Since meeting him I've developed a new appreciation for pasties and mead. Particularly the latter, if I'm honest!

Our house is full of random bits of armour and weaponry (over 20 at last count!), various geeky bits and bobs and a whole lot of Iron Maiden CDs (and LPs, we're old skool) and similar. I'm happy to see the Princess Bride and Hitchhiker mentioned, as these are both things we quote freely from and are usually met with blank looks. I apologise in advance for my often inappropriate comments, puns and innuendo. I blame working for a newspaper.

WoW-wise I've played a priest, paladin and mage at 80. Although Malicht and I do have our respective classes already at 80, though Horde-side on another server, we decided that we'd much rather start from scratch and experience everything that Alliance had to offer. After two years away, hearing Stormwind's music still feels a lot like home.

Anything else, just ask!

Coppelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Wed 17 Mar 2010, 11:03

Mead, old-school rock, bits of weaponry around the house, Princess Bride and Hitchhikers.....? This all sounds very familiar, you know! And...um....I also worked for a newspaper company, doing editorial research in their magazines department, I think I might know the sort of humour you mean. Welcome to Enthusiasm and good to meet you!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  berylia Wed 17 Mar 2010, 11:32

Coppelia wrote:

Our house is full of random bits of armour and weaponry (over 20 at last count!), various geeky bits and bobs and a whole lot of Iron Maiden CDs (and LPs, we're old skool) and similar.

Great stuff, I have the first few Iron Maiden albums on vinyl from back in the day. In fact, I'm still a bit of a vinyl junkie and buy new releases on vinyl whenever I can ;o)
berylia
berylia

Back to top Go down

Post  Dywen Wed 17 Mar 2010, 16:42

Hey all

Thought i had better post bit about me. I'm Dywen the angry warrior with the big pointy stick Razz.

Currently living in england on the east coast. However will be moving to the lake district to go to university next year to study outdoor leadership. My biggest passion is obviously the outdoors, love to go backpacking, kayaking etc. Apart from that though i love RPG's been playing them for years and i'm a big fantasy literature nerd. Dunno if anyone else is but books like the dragonlance chronicles, a song of ice and fire are among my favourites.

Anyway any other questions feel free to ask.
Dywen
Dywen

Back to top Go down

Post  Alquiel Thu 18 Mar 2010, 08:09

i'm a big fantasy literature nerd. Dunno if anyone else
[quote]

I'm a Tolkien girl at heart, for me it all comes back to his writing eventually, although I do wander the realms of fantasty literature sometimes. But you should speak to the Colt - he loves all sorts of fantasty literatute, including (sorry Colt, going to out you here) Thongor.

I love the outdoors, I'm a sucker for beautiful scenery - but I'm far too lazy to do things like backpacking and kayaking. RPG though, now that's a different matter!
Alquiel
Alquiel
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Coppelia Thu 18 Mar 2010, 08:40

Dunno if anyone else is but books like the dragonlance chronicles, a song of ice and fire are among my favourites.

Yes, a thousand times yes!

Mal and I both love fantasy novels (though I have a bit of a thing for gruesome crime novels too...). He'll probably start rattling off a list of suggestions if you get him going Wink

Coppelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum